Hi book fans –
In October I did a few things. Some of those stem from wandering thrift stores unnecessarily. Some of them stem from drunken choices I made many moons ago. Either way. I collected more books. Here they are for our enjoyment to stare at:
- A Spark of Light by Jodi PicoultMy NUMBER ONE MOST ANTICIPATED BOOK OF THE ENTIRE YEAR. My BEST FRIEND in the whole wide world (go say hi here) sent this to me and it is a signed copy. What an amazing soul he is and I am SO excited to start reading this (probably not until after the holidays so I can fully enjoy it).
- Grim Lovelies by Megan Shepherd.From the October Shelflove Crate.
- Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan.
I had listened to this on audio in December of last year after I bought it on Audible on a whim. It had my favorite thing: WWII. Of course I fell in love instantly and wanted all of my friends to read this book ASAP. When I found a brand new copy for $2.00, I would have regretted not picking it up so I did. Now I can re-read it’s tragic beauty with my bare hands at some point.
- The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
A book that has been discussed EVERYWHERE in the book world recently and when I saw this for $1.50 – well, I had to get it. Sorry. Not really.
- A Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak
There comes a point in every woman’s life where she accidentally drinks 4 bottles of wine with one of her good friends and pre-orders a novel that isn’t set to come out for about 6 months. That’s me. Those are my choices. Here we are now so let’s just set it and forget it. But really, I am thrilled to own this signed copy I ordered while highly intoxicated many months ago as The Book Thief is one of my favorite books of all time (WWII. Told from Death’s perspective. Basically my dream book.) so I’m excited to see Zusak’s next novel.
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa
One is from the October OwlCrate.
The other is from the October Unicorn Crate.
From the October OwlCrate.
- The Boneless Mercies by April Genevieve Tucholke
From the October Beacon Book Box.
- Did anyone pick up any of these books in October?
- Favorites? Least favorites?