Hi Book Lovers!
I was nominated by two different people for the Sunshine Blogger Award! I’ve never been tagged before and to receive not only one but two of these made me want to squeal with joy! So, thank you to both of you for tagging me!
I was first nominated by Bookaholic Dreamer back in June and I was just too busy at that time to get around to completing it. However, I love her blog so go check her out and follow her!
The second nomination was from The Cozied Reader this week. Her blog is beautiful and I ALSO recommend you check her out!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you by linking their blog.
- Answer the questions
- Nominate 11 blogs with 11 questions
- List the rules as well as display the Sunshine Award Logo on your post.
Since both have offered different questions I will split them up by the two who nominated me. Sorry this is about to be an unnecessary amount of information about me here….
First Set of Questions:
- What are you currently reading? Are you enjoying it?
I am currently listening to Scythe by Neal Shusterman and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling. I started out enjoying Scythe and I’m almost half way through and I’ve come to a stop because it seems like it isn’t holding my attention. It’s such a hyped up book that I’m going to get back to it in a few days and hopefully I’ll enjoy the second half! Next, this HP book is my second favorite despite a lot of “camping” and moving around so I’m thrilled to be finishing this book again!
- Do you annotate your books?
I do for books I send to my best friend. Also, if anyone would ever be interested in annotating books back and forth I’m all about it. I saw someone on Booktube doing this, fell in love with it, and decided to try it out. The problem is that I’m not good at doing it for books I’m not sending off to someone else. I want to, in theory, but I always forget or get too caught up in a story to do it all the time. Anyone have tips?
- Which country/state do you live in?
I live in the U.S. and for the past 11 years I’ve lived in Arizona (basically the scorching desert of the U.S.).
- How long have you been blogging?
For about 2 years, though I had a HUGE gap (almost a year) between where I stopped blogging completely. I picked it back up at the start of this year and I’m glad I did!
- Do you usually go to see a film adaptation of a book you’ve read?
Not usually unless it looks super wonderful. I tend to be disappointed a lot in film adaptions.
- How many languages do you speak?
English fluently and I am proficient in reading/listening to Spanish but get intimidated when speaking it with others. I also count in French…don’t ask why, I don’t know.
- Do you ever DNF books?
I try not to. I know the reasoning behind why people do this – I know there’s more books out there to read that I’d like than books I’m forcing myself to finish, but I still struggle to put books down even when I hate them (I’m talking to you, Red Queen series).
- Do you have a favourite reading spot?
My bed or the couch. I can read almost anywhere but I do get distracted in certain spots and besides, those spots are super comfy!
- Do you have a bookstagram?
I do not. I actually dislike most aspects of social media and only have a Facebook account because my family out of state harassed me enough to ensure I log in to my account more than 2x a year.
- Do you have reading goals for 2018?
On my Goodreads I have 40 books set as my goal. Obviously I’d love to read more than that but I work two jobs, have a new puppy, and go to school full-time as well so I tried to be realistic at the beginning of the year.
- What was the last TV-show or film you watched?
My husband and I are re-watching True Blood right now. We are slightly binging it and have gotten through 2 seasons in a week. Sorry, not sorry.
Second Set of Questions:
- If you could only recommend one book for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
Yikes starting off with a tough one. I would probably say one of the HP books (probably #1 to get people into the series), Second Glance or House Rules by Jodi Picoult. Why? HP seems pretty straightforward as to why, and with the other two, they are just books that I gush over even after reading them for 10+ years. I love to love them and I want everyone else to love them, too.
- What’s the book that got you into reading?
I have been reading since almost 4 years old and I honestly do not remember that far back. Hooked on Phonics got me into reading and after that I always read so I cannot accurately answer this one.
- What’s your favorite book-to-movie or book-to-television show adaptation?
Since I’m watching True Blood, I’m going to say the first few seasons of that were adapted well compared to the books. I also liked Big Little Lies adaption despite it being a smidge different and drawn out compared to the story.
- What trope do you love/hate the most?
I don’t know if I’d consider it a big trope or anything, but when characters are “all knowing” or “all gifted” without many flaws. They want to run, scale, and jump across buildings and can without training or practice? Wow. Super. Awesome. They pick up on a new language or skill that would take a normal person much longer to learn but they do it within a few days? I see. It’s so unrealistic and I cannot stand it.
- What was your last DNF book? Why didn’t you finish it?
I mentioned above I don’t usually do this often. The last book I DNF’d was The Magician but it was only because I was borrowing it from the library and my return date approached and it got sent back before I finished it and now I can’t get it back right away.
- If you could meet any character, alive or dead, who would it be?
Albus Dumbledore is a pretty big one. Pino Lella from Beneath a Scarlet Sky. Molly Burkhart from Killers of the Flower Moon.
- Do you have any pets? If not, what kind of pet would want to get?
I do! PLEASE LOOK AT MY PETS. PLEASE!
The dopey white thing you see is my new Great Dane puppy. He’s almost 5 months now and 70 pounds. His name is Kuzco (from Emperor’s New Groove). The black dog is my other Great Dane mix who is almost 6. His name is Koda (Brother Bear) and he’s actually perfect and the love of my life. And the white cat is my runt-of-the-litter baby who is almost 8 and her name is Madeline.
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
Well, I feel like I’ve lived 400 lives at this point in my life so I’ve done a few adventurous things. Travel without directions, money, or an end game is pretty fun. Loving someone is an adventure. I mean, so many things.
- What’s your favorite movie?
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Wreck It Ralph
- What are your hobbies (outside of reading/blogging)?
Thrift store shopping
Cooking some good vegan meals
- What are three things that most people don’t know about you?
-> I am double-majoring: World History, Anthropology, and a minor in Sociology. I want to be an Archaeologist regarding WWII in European History or American Indians in the United States.
-> I am an INFJ (yes, I totally believe in this)- the empathy I am gifted and cursed with can be debilitating if I don’t handle it properly.
-> I am vegan. I don’t like telling people because many people think I will try to convert them. I chose to become vegan from a health standpoint – many foods make me very ill and eating raw, whole foods has greatly increased my mood, health, and life overall.
I nominate the following bloggers:
Lori’s Bookshelf Reads \\ Bookish Connoisseur \\ A Fictional Bookworm \\ Gina Reads Books \\ In Case of Bookishness \\ Sophril Reads \\ Bookneeders \\ Alex Reads and Blogs \\ The Limit of Books Does Not Exist \\ Whit Reads Lit
I tried to ensure none of these people had already completed this post so I apologize in advance if I missed you doing this already! Here are my questions and I look forward to continuing to learn about my fellow bloggers:
- What is a book that has been unread on your shelves the longest?
- Do you prefer paperback, hardback, or mass market paperback when reading and why?
- What genre of music is your go-to most days?
- What are three things people don’t know about you yet?
- How do you organize your bookshelves (genre, color, title, author? Also, I’m all about seeing pictures of them!)?
- What are your favorite posts to do on your blog?
- Do you have any animals (pictures are the best!)?
- What genre do you not usually read but would like to try and enjoy more?
- Where do you typically find yourself blogging: at home, at a coffee shop, at a friend’s house?
- What book do you wish you could warn everyone to avoid reading and why?
- How many people in your everyday life do you talk to about books?